Math According to Psalm 100
Mathematics teaches us the order of operation is critical to finding the right solution. The writer in Psalm 100 makes clear where we must start when it comes to truth, feelings, and behavior. Take a look at how the math works and see where your answers land.
- Behavior + Feelings - Truth = Short Term Change/Long Term Guilt
- Feelings - Behavior - Truth = Depression
- Behavior - Feelings + Truth = Stoicism
- Truth + Behavior - Feelings = Fundamentalism
- Truth + Feelings - Behavior = Hypocrisy
- Behavior - Truth + Feelings = Hedonism
- Truth + Feelings + Behavior = Knowing God and Making God Known
This post corresponds with Pastor Jacob's August 20 sermon "Our Steadfast Lord" from Psalm 100.