Sharing the Mystery
Passage: Ephesians 3:1–3:13
"Sharing the Mystery"
Josh Tingler, Interim Preacher
Discussion Questions following 11/11 Sermon (Ephesians 3:1-13)
1. What part of the text or sermon had the greatest impact on you? Where were you most encouraged, intrigued, challenged?
2. Note how being in Christ shaped how Paul viewed being a prisoner (3:1)? What role or aspect of your life needs redefined by your standing in Christ?
3. How does this passage fit in with Pastor Jacob's challenge for us to "Delight" and "Declare"? Consider how sharing in (3:6) leads to sharing with (3:8).
4. Since the church is central to God's plan to reveal his wisdom (3:10), how can we make sure the church is central for us as well? How can we tell if we don't share God's view of the church?
5. How does our usual view of suffering compare to Paul's view of suffering (3:13)? What is the connection between suffering and glory?
Reading Schedule following 11/11 Sermon (Ephesians 3:1-13)
Monday - Acts 21:1-16
Tuesday - Acts 21:17-36
Wednesday - Acts 21:37-22:22
Thursday - Acts 22:22-23:11
Friday - Acts 23:12-35
Saturday - Acts 24:1-27
Sunday - Ephesians 3:14-21