Growing in Grace and Love
Passage: Ephesians 4:7–4:16
In Ephesians 4, the "all" of verse 6 turns into the "each one" of verse 7. We are unified in our one Spirit, one Lord, and one Father. But within that unity - to serve that unity - Christ has given each one different gifts. When we use those gifts to minister to each other, we all grow more into the image of Christ.
Community Group Questions
1. What part of the text or sermon had the greatest impact on you? Where were you most encouraged, intrigued, challenged?
2. How does this passage relate to our previous passage from Ephesians (from back before the Christmas series): Ephesians 4:1-6? What is their common theme? What are their different emphases?
3. According to this passage, how is maturity defined? How is this maturity obtained?
4. What are some ways that God has gifted other members of your community group to do "the work of the ministry" and to "build up the body of Christ"? Spend time encouraging each other in the gifts and ministries God has given.
5. Verse 16 speaks of the body growing. There are two main kinds of growth: deep and wide, edification and evangelism. How are these two types of growth related?
Monday - Ephesians 1
Tuesday - Ephesians 2:1-10
Wednesday - Ephesians 2:11-22
Thursday - Ephesians 3
Friday - Ephesians 4:1-16
Saturday - Ephesians 4:17-5:2
Sunday - Ephesians 5:3-21